The people of Ilkiding’a offer you:
- A view into the culture of the Wa-arusha.
- A warm welcome in a local household.
- Visits to craftsmen and a traditional healer.
- Traditional food prepared by our women.
- A walk through the farms where people produce cash crops to supply Arusha.
- A rest at impressive viewpoints overlooking Arusha town.
- Hikes along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon and climbing small hills
Ilkiding’a lies at 10 km north of Arusha town, a 30 minutes drive. From Arusha town, take the small road north at the Ilboru junction on the Nairobi – Moshi road. Follow the Ilboru Safari Lodge sign. At the pink Loning’o shop take right. Follow the main road, leaving the signboard of the Ekenywa secondary school on your left, follow the main road, at the primary school, on the left close to a blue painted church, a guide will be waiting for you. From here you go to the boma of the Sembeo family, half an hour’s walking or 10 minutes driving. From this traditional household the tour starts.